Thread: Toronto 2030
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 6, 2013, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCortese View Post
2013: The Holt Renfrew Tower, 88 Scott, and 100 Adelaide west are approved and start construction, 10 York's height is increased due to many residensial buyers (up to 270 metres). Sheppard line extension to Weston road is approved and awaits construction.

2015: One Bloor is put on hold as a new 310 m proposal is approved, starting the construction of Canada's first supertall. I reveal my concept for a 400m office and residensial tower. 45 Bay Street reveals a second phase of the tower which would bring it to around 290 m. The transit committee approves a full fledged line from Greenwood, to steels avenue. Yonge street extension plans extend the line to Elgin Mills.

2017: My 400 metre concept tower height is reduced to 350 metres and is approved. Ice condominiums reveal a third tower to the north of the two existing ones. The abandonned lower bay station platform finally has a plan to be reused as it was intended to, with a large line proposal from exhibition place to Port union road via museum station and the danforth line.

2022: Toronto's population has risen to almost 10 million, with 7 supertalls and around 2500 highrises. Toronto is picked for the summer olympics for 2028, thus leading to the construction of the DRL.The sheppard line extension to weston is completed. Ten york is completed at 270 metres.

2025: Toronto's first hyper-tall skyscraper is proposed at around 720 - 760 metres. The don mills line from greenwood to steels is finished and is used by about 2 million customers per day. The TTC reveals yet another new train that they predict will fully arrive near the middle of 2028 when the olympics are in session.

2027: The DRL is complete the year before the olympics, and a new cicular downtown line on the same rails as the yonge-university and bloor line using the lower bay station platform, this service is approved and will start in early 2028.

2028: This year is a lucky year for Toronto. The leafs win the stanley cup, and held the olympics, with canada winning at the end of the event. And the ginormous plan for the hyper-tall has been approved at a height of 860 metres, not the tallest in the world, but definitely in the top three. The propostorous planned tower is eventually is completed 7 years later in 2035.

2030: In the end Toronto has approximately 16 million people, 14 rapid transit lines, around 4000 highrises, 18 supertalls, and one to-be hyper-tall.
This is the most unrealistic prediction I've heard of, Toronto won't get a "hyper-tall" anytime soon, 14 rapid transit lines probably will never be achieved by Toronto, and 4000 high-rises is more than New York City (at the moment). though this prediction is quite unrealistic, it would be nice for this to happen. (although it certainly won't)