View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I mean when is this city going to actually zone properly? North Avenue is a major thoroughfare....why couldn't they require Crescent to implement a couple of retail/restaurant space in the development(even if it's an afterthought)? The city is going to regret this type of stuff 30 years down the road when all of these apartments around O4W have zero street level retail. What's the point in living in an urban, dense environment if there's NOTHING to walk to nearby? I understand not every apartment building should have retail, but on major streets, yes, they should.
This is my largest gripe for the area. For as dense as North Ave to Ralph McGill is becoming, there's essentially no retail between Deep End, A Mano, Venkman's & Bantam Pub. I do believe a cafe is coming to Anthem @ Ashley as well. This area did not have to be as retail heavy as North Highland at Inman Park, but it should have included more retail opportunities. I am familiar with the state of the area before O4W park and not including retail in all but one of the developments shows lack of vision, zoning, and/or master planning from the area. Glad to see retail coming to North & Line, despite continuing to encouraging driving with valet.