View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 7:05 PM
Oak City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfilyaw View Post
Have you by chance heard of a completion date for the Bank of America Tower and Allscripts buildings? Or any new info about the Edison Office or the second Charter Square project? I haven't heard anything recently.
The new North Hills tower (actually called Tower IV) is waiting on an anchor tenant before it starts. That's why Allscripts got going so fast - they were ready to go they just needed a tenant.

The Allscripts building is going up fast, should top out at 12 floors in next month or so.

Both Charter Square North and The Edison office tower are both trying to secure enough tenants to start. I imagine they want it at least half full before they start. The market isn't there yet to build a new tower completely on speculation and try to get tenants later. This is the same thing with The Dillon tower by Kane. I think we could see 1 or two of the three break ground this year (I hope).

On project that has gotten under way is the Residence Inn hotel. Site work started late last month. There are 3 more active proposals for hotels in downtown but they could take a while. The Residence Inn was first proposed 4 years ago so you can see how long some of these things can take to actually get going.