View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2010, 7:52 PM
New Yorker for life

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/0...n_gets_shy.php

Bank of America Tower Exposes Itself, Then Gets Shy

May 13, 2010, by Pete

Quote:
Midtown's bail-out behemoth, aka the Bank of America Tower, is finally showing off everything it's got, and a celebration is in store. The ungainly scaffolding that's been up at Sixth Avenue and 42nd Street for the better part of the last decade has come down and the glowing lobby of One Bryant Park is now lighting up the intersection.

But lest those lights opposite Bryant Park draw you in, Beware!

Photos of the 54-story crystalline castle from architects Cook + Fox are not appreciated, and the security crew is quick to point out the policy as they shoo shutterbugs from the sidewalk out front.

Security is fierce as shutterbugs are shoo'ed away.

If I could, I would take a photo a day, post it, and call it "BofA Today". I've been photographing this site since before it was a hole in the ground. I'll be damned if they're going to stop me now. If it's seen from the street, it can be photographed. I had similar issues with the security at BPC telling me I couldn't photograph the Goldman Sachs tower.

If they're so "shy" about being seen, they should chop that spire off the top.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.