View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoen313 View Post
Just mind-boggling. The building doesn't strive to do anything more than simply exist. It doesn't try to look neo-anything nor does it attempt modern. It ignores even the notion of context by dismissing the basic courtesy of aligning to its neighboring buildings. It doesn't even respond to basic logic of capturing what little sun can filter through the canyon, and instead cowers in the shadows of its neighbors.

There is no redeeming architectural value in this building or any of GK's buildings. I think that has been made clear quite often. But I think it brings to light the abhorrent nature of Walmarchitecture firms. It is about nothing more than delivering the goods at the absolute lowest price (and quality). About one man making off with a hefty income while consciously insulting the countless firms with even a lingering, spectral notion of integrity. I guess economics wins in this case. Fine.

Sorry, I know this horse has been beat mercilessly for years.
But it so much deserves to be; and I hope and pray that someday very soon, the kind of succinctly brutal, yet justly warranted condemnation the you've graced us with today is used to take the metaphorical corpse's ashen remnants and gouge it into the obviously blinkered eyes of whomever this craven travesty may concern.
This firm and the New York Nimbies (sic) are dead even right now in the race to capture the outright and everlasting disrespect and contempt of all forward-thinking NYC-&-Environs residents.