View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2011, 9:49 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The information I've posted concerning Cityplace's development plans for the last remaining vacant tracts on the west side of Central Expressway comes straight from Cityplace's own website - the page is titled "Future Development Sites":

http://www.cityplace.org/Cityplace-S...ent-Sites.aspx

If you scroll down that specific page it provides the densities and heights allowed for each of the remaining tracts.

I will just go out on a limb right now and state that I really don't believe Cityplace would be publishing stale 1980's era data on their current website where they are discussing the development plans for their last 6 tracts.

Just a wild guess but somehow I don't believe that page on their website is based on anything resembling out-of-date 1980's data but is instead current data.

----------------------------------------------------

Nowhere in my post did I state that the two 43 story towers are imminent, much less concrete plans published.

In fact, I went out of my way to state that Cityplace would start them based on market demand. I think some people just do not pay close enough attention to what they read because I was very careful not to say these towers are imminent.

Although quite frankly apparently 3 of the 6 tracts are under active planning right now per Cityplace's own statements in the second paragraph of the above link to the "Future Development Sites" page.

Verbatim quote from Cityplace:

"Development plans are underway on three other currently vacant tracts that will see Cityplace’s first hotel and two other high rise towers." This clearly suggests that development plans are underway for a total of three highrise towers (which would not include 6C).

Just because zoning is in place to allow twin 43 story towers and four 20 story towers does not mean that Cityplace will build them.

However, their executives have been quoted as saying they are going to become very selective and picky about how the remaining vacant tracts are developed.

In an interview late last year with Neal Sleeper, President of Cityplace Company, Mr. Sleeper was quoted as saying:

"The vacant land along the west side of North Central, including property that previously housed the Hank Haney Golf Center, will be developed into some of the highest density uses in the project, Sleeper said. It will likely be a mix of residential and commercial space.

"We are planning on the last 16 acres being the icing on the cake," he said."

Interview article here: http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...-its-5607.ece#

According to a knowledgeable member of the Dallas Metropolis forum in a recent post he made concerning this topic, the site plans and renderings seen on the Cityplace website date from a study in 2008 that details the build out of the remaining Cityplace tracts as being Forest City's next focus when the economy has returned.

The 2008 Study included this rendering among many others of what they would like to pursue for the area including this little visionary...

;
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The MATA Turntable and DART Station portal sets between tracts 8A and 8C.

8A is zoned up to 270 feet and 20 stories and 8C is zoned up to 546 feet and 43 stories. And on Cityplace's website they discuss 8C containing a hotel as part of its mix.

The above rendering looks pretty dense and pretty tall. I don't think one can sit and literally count the floors in a sketch like that and it be accurate, but even doing so the 8C tower is easily 35 stories in the rendering if not taller.

Tract 7A is currently being developed, or is very near to breaking ground, with a 20 story residential tower as part of that project:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...st-village.ece

Pay particular attention to the quote in the article that says:

"Sleeper said Wednesday that his company will own the retail in the planned buildings and Forest City would have the apartments above. Cityplace Co. has taken a similar approach to other buildings in the development.

Dallas architects Good Fulton & Farrell are working on designs for a 20-story building, according to the design firm’s website."

Here are the current renderings for the tract 7A project that show the 20 story apartment tower along with a lower 5-6 story retail/residential component:

And here is a rendering from Cityplace Company's website that shows tracts 7A, 7B and 8A:

You can see the 20 story 7A tower (under development now), a 20 story tower on 7B, and a 20 story tower on 8A.

If you look behind these three towers you can see the Mondrian and to its right is an empty spot where nothing is being shown for tract 6C for some reason.

Just as a recap, I'm not saying that twin 43 story towers are imminent in Cityplace.

I'm not saying that four 20 story towers are imminent in Cityplace, although clearly one 20 story tower is under development right now based on released data through the press.

What I said, and I repeat, is that the plans Cityplace has for their remaining few vacant tracts are for much higher density and are to be "the icing on the cake" as Cityplace's President Neal Sleeper was quoted in November of 2010 as saying.

Last edited by skys the limit; Sep 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM.