View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
So taxing cars and drivers through gasoline and registration fees and then siour phoning 100% of that money to public transit i.e. bilking drivers who will pay for everything yet see none of the benefits is your brilliant solution?
Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with money going to repairs. However, spending money on new highways benefits nobody--current drivers included. Its best for our cities, our commuters, our economy, and our environment to give existing drivers an alternative to driving, which most would prefer, rather than pour money into highways which don't ease commutes and have a lot of other negative impacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
Because here is the state of public transit in ghetto-ized third world California:

BART Takeover Robbery: 40 to 60 teens swarm train, hold up riders

I'll stick to driving, Uber, and Lyft, than put up with being forced into confined spaces with the human moral decay that is becoming of this once great state.

Better freeways AND armed police that mean business on all public transit.
Oooh...scary. One isolated incident means that this better-than-ever state is experiencing moral decay and decline. If you're so worried about safety, then you shouldn't be in a car.