View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 31, 2010, 10:36 PM

Good to hear the N rampart development is coming along,that little bend has been rough for a while but i have been in love with that masonic temple forever!I wonder if they have plans for it since it has been painted and spruced up a bit.It would make for an amazing jazz museum or coffeehouse.Something indicative of local culture would be nice.It is too great of a building to let it sit.In regards to the i-10 project one would assume that they are going to have to figure out something soon.It is an eyesore and a hindrance to development but i agree that the report is not enough and won't be able to make it look like the renderings.I think a more practical idea would be to consolidate the lanes in the center and line the street with tress like on St Charles.The through traffic could easily be bypassed through the 6-10 but local traffic would need serious work on basin and rampart.The funny thing is when you put New Orleans into google maps it drops you right into this proposed area.What about a movie theatre in the old power plant?