View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:00 PM
Heart of the Continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
I find this whole situation scandalous and it makes a mockery of or very generous immigration policies. This is why the populace has so little confidence in our immigration system..........it penalizes the people who work thru the system and rewards those who don't. These people KNOW that they are breaking the law before they get here but that is irrelevant to them.

Canadians don't want people who's very first action upon arriving in the country is a criminal one. Anyone caught trying to crooss into Canada and caught doing so should be immediately sent to an official border crossing where they will be turned away without hesitation. This idea of them going thru the refugee process "quickly" is crap and there is no such thing. It will take many years to get rid of these people but in the mean time they get free medical, welfare, and social services while their kids take up spots in our schools and their parents take up valuable and high demand low-income housing.
Neither you nor anyone else has presented a workable, legal, alternative. Put up, or, you know the rest.

Quote:
Years ago I worked for the government and had someone declare refugee status......he was born and bred in Sacramento. I asked him why he was REALLY in Canada and he stated he needed some medical work done and wanted to enjoy the countryside courtesy of the Canadian taxpayer of course. Sounds absurd but it took a full 4 years to get him out of the country by the time the refugee board got around to him and all the endless appeals went thru the system.
I totally believe that happened.