View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 12, 2009, 1:08 PM
not a cynic

I don't mind the copper. I don't mind the amusement park-ishness. But take a close look at the interface with the street grid. I realize it's just a model and perhaps it's still in the design phase, but it shows cars, not people. It shows cars right up on the sidewalk, if that is a sidewalk. It makes no mention of the Pioneer Corridor.

Like I said a while back, this is the only plan? How about concept B and C? Yeah, back to the drawing board people. Too bad Desko and the gang didn't consult with this forum. If we were organized enough maybe we could hire ourselves out as consultants. Somewhat objective third party consultants who are locally aware.

Regarding Desko's webite link provided by Boysee Boi:

http://www.susandesko-aia.com/

Check the source code! That's a whole lotta code for a picture and a bit of text. It struck me as metaphorical for the JUMP project itself.

How am I qualified to speak about this? I've done quite a few residential remodels and new from scratch projects. In one way or another, I've been involved with some of the most expensive draftsmen in town and some of the cheapest. In many cases the the less expensive drawings I contracted for were just as good as the more expensive ones. This project looks like they've thrown a bunch of money at it hoping it would turn out great. That's not how it works, at least in my opinion.

Last edited by boisecynic; Aug 12, 2009 at 1:27 PM.