View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 4:36 PM

Underground Atlanta starts ‘complete transformation’

I'm liking the sound of this.

http://saportareport.com/underground...ransformation/

Quote:
WRS Inc., the new owner of Underground, held its first community meeting Thursday morning to introduce its development team and share with the public its first steps in redeveloping the languishing property in south downtown.

“What we are working on here is a complete transformation,” said Steve Howe, chief operating officer of WRS. He said the focus will be to remake Underground Atlanta into four city blocks with a variety of uses.
That will include a mix of housing options, along with new retail and office space. A grocery store is likely to be part of the project.

Howe emphasized WRS has no plans to include a Walmart at Underground, a retailer the company has partnered with at some of its other projects.

The plan is to keep historic buildings such as 86 Pryor Street, a brick office building. Other new structures will be built to increase the project’s density. WRS is currently in talks with residential developers.

“My job is to create a really great environment that brings lots of people to the building,” Banks said. “It’s incumbent for me to make it so great that people are living, working and visiting at all times. If you do that, even in 2017, you will have tenants that make a business.”