View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
I blame the lost of Holt Renfrew almost entirely on their store size and location. The store was not very big and could not be called a "department store" IMO. The location was downtown but right in the middle of office towers, meaning it was dead most of the time. The only time the area isn't dead is during the week when everyone in the nearby office towers are working but HR is not a "pop-in during my lunch break to buy a $800 watch" type of place, people want to come in for an hour or so and look around, try things and people just weren't going there to do that at lunch hour.

I think Ottawa is getting A LOT better with retail and variety.. I would say a couple of years ago (even like 2 years ago) Ottawa was behind on retail compared to everywhere else in Canada.. Now with 3 of our biggest shopping centres going through multi-million dollar expansions and renovations and the arrival of giants like Simons, H&M, Tanger Outlets, Victoria Secret, Nordstrom, an Expanded Harry Rosen and a potential Saks (or Saks Off 5th), things are looking wayyyyy up for Otown
A potential Saks? Source?