View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2013, 3:23 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
It's definitely possible that it is referring to 111 w57th isn't it, though?
I don't think so. You know, at any given time, there are projects being worked on that we don't know about. But I do believe that it's more likely he was talking about plans for this tower. It's also more likely that the reason they haven't revealed plans for this building is because the design has been in a state of flux, and there is no final design yet. The NB permit hasn't been altered, it's still in process, but it will be in time if called for. Expect nice renderings when the design is final, as both Extell and Nordstrom want this building to shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
The actual Nordstrom store will be 280'+ tall, so it will be about the same size as the adjacent building; I'd be surprised if there were setbacks for the store itself. It's going to be enormous.
I don't think there will be setbacks for the store, the floorplates are small enough as it is, and Nordstrom had specific design instructions for open floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Filipe- View Post
people stressing over an article 5 months old is ridiculous
It is ridiculous. We don't know what the height is going to be, for now it's officially going to be over 1,500 ft according to the building permits filed (taller than the 1,250 ft we thought we were getting). I wouldn't get too worked up over an offhand quote like the one in that article. It's the same as getting worked up over what Barnett said about using development rights.

So, for those inclined to get worked up, at least wait until you have something to be worked up about.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.