View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 4:52 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Nice tour of AT&T. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Quote:
Although the projects are mostly modern and of good quality, they tend to be bland. Considered as a whole, the area has the potential to be a forgettable monotone of massing if this trend continues. A wider variety of forms should be considered so that it does not become a giant 300-acre missed opportunity.
I couldn't agree more. I tend to focus on the need for more variance in height, but it's the overall sameness in massing that could be a problem south of the channel. Everything tends to fill the block at a similar height and squared shape. A few tall and skinny buildings or just having more buildings of various sizes sharing blocks would help. The Giants' development (Mission Rock) promises to have a lot more variety of shapes and sizes, which will help a lot. And to be fair, most of the uniquely shaped lots are in the yet to be built northwest corner of MB. And Salesforce.com will make a big difference too. It's definitely a work in progress.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park