View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 8:56 AM

Ride-hailing in Metro Vancouver: Uber, Lyft, Sidecar - emerging technologies

Looking to discuss potential transportation developments in urban transport with new on-demand rideshare techniologies. I know we don't have these in Vancouver yet, but it's only a matter of time before it becomes politically unsustainable to continue to ban rideshare in Vancouver.

I'm especially excited about shared for-hire services like Lyft Line, Lyft Driver Destination, Uberpool and Sidecar Shared Rides - and how these ideas can evolve once electrical vehicles and self-driving cars proliferate.

I'm a big believer that rideshare will play an important part in the future of transportation and that the current idea of taxis vs. rideshare is extremely short sighted - the potential for on-demand rideshare to significantly grow the taxi-ish industries exists because of the Smartphone and GPS mapping technology.

I can go on and on about this stuff, and likely will - just keen to see what others see as potential developments, challenges, and ideas re: rideshare and other innovative on-demand transportation technology.

Last edited by kylemacmac; Dec 17, 2014 at 1:39 AM.