View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2010, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl3000 View Post
If they call the expo line the "Expo Line" as its official name, then they might as well name all the other lines based on where they go like in London. Probably not the most efficient naming system for metros (I like numerical and color codes) but might as well be consistent if that is what ends up happening. Otherwise they should start calling it the "Aqua Line" so that they aren't sending mixed messages and confuse people.
Yeah, I know Aqua Line was initially the first color designated for the Expo Line, but Metro board members couldn't agree on a color to go with. I remember Bernard Parks wanted to call it the Rose Line for going past the Rose Garden (even though Pasadena is known more for being the "City of Roses").

Anyway, as we inch closer to the opening of the "Expo Line," I would hope that they (Metro) figure it out BEFORE the opening of the line and start pushing a new ad campaign to promote the decided color.

I personally think Aqua is a perfect color since it'll eventually end up in Santa Monica and the beach. That also means that the Gold Line Eastside Extension through East LA will be renamed as the Aqua Line when the Downtown Connector is completed.

This also leads to the question of what color will be REMOVED from the system since the Pasadena to Long Beach line will be either Gold or Blue.

We'll have essentially 6 lines in operation within the next decade possibly:

1) Aqua Line - From Santa Monica to East LA

2) Blue or Gold Line - From Long Beach to Azusa

3) Red Line - Union Station to North Hollywood

4) Purple Line - Union Station to Brentwood (possibly Santa Monica as well)

5) Green Line - Norwalk to LAX?

6) Crenshaw Line - Maybe this line can be renamed the Gold or Blue Line?

Am I missing anything?