View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 4:41 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post

He's simply trying to protect his market share. Whether any of us here are Broncos fan's or not, we are in his geographic market area, and I'm sure he does his research and I'm guessing that the Broncos have a strong draw along the Wasatch Front, he's protecting his investment. So if protecting an investment makes him a jack-ass then I guess we are all jack-asses in our own way.

Not only that, but and NFL franchise is the most expensive franchise of all major sports to own and operate and requires a substantial population and corporate sponsorships, which we simply don't have.

No, that's just him being greedy. Broncos have a big enough fan base without having to branch out here also. Who is he to say what we have HERE in SLC. I don't really get why people here are Broncos fans, just because they just so happens to be the closest NFL team to us. I've never jumped on their bandwagon. I support my local teams, and if we don't have that team then I don't jump on the bandwagon to whatever team is closest to us. I'm sure the owner of the Broncos is using the old BS that everybody in Utah are LDS and that everybody in Utah goes to church on Sundays. I'm tired of people thinking that of Utah. I wish somebody here would step up and try to get a NFL team here. We don't need Denver to have a Monopoly over us. IMHO.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Last edited by SLC Projects; Dec 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM.