View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 7, 2012, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1978 View Post
Bob, my wife is from Valencia, CA. We decided to go on up to Lagoon for a fun day a few years back. She'd heard from a lot of friends here that it's great and what not. Me, being from St. George, I had only been once, so I was excited. We got there around 10:30 AM. . . by 11 my wife wanted to go home. To say she was unimpressed would be the understatement of the century. Her family always had summer passes to Magic Mountain (6 Flags), and though she thought that the Fire Dragon was a fun ride, it was the only one.
I however, loved the gondola, and the Jet Star 2. I don't know why, but I would love to have the Jet Star 2 in my back yard. That is one I could ride over and over and over.
If all you're looking for is big roller coasters, no Lagoon is not that exciting.

I can't imagine she couldn't have enjoyed the Rocket, unless she's either not into that kind of ride or it wasn't built yet.

I will usually ride each roller coaster onceand then spend the rest of my time at the various water rides and at Lagoon-a-Beach. Needless to say I get bored of Lagoon after about half a day. However, because I'm not really into roller coasters, I'm not sure if I could have too much fun at other, bigger parks either, although I would give some of them a chance (there's some that I could never get myself to go on though lol).

Either way I recognize why it's so important for Lagoon to install a bigger coaster, and I think it's something that they should've pushed for sooner instead of installing these smaller rides that nobody really likes (such as the Bat and the BomBoring I mean the BomBora) and placing so much emphasis on the kid's zone.