Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 10:43 AM
BANNED

Last night was the most frustrated I ahve ever been with this team since the Jets returned. Paul Maurice is a horrible coach, and the Jets are winning in spite of him. If we had a decent coach, I am convinced we would be 10-2-1 at the very least, and be contending for the Stanley Cup this season.

Montreal vs Winnipeg summary:

-Habs outshot Jets 50-23
-Hellebuyck was awesome, but could only do so much
-Lemieux was on the ice for a total of 4:38, while our top line did over 20 minutes, and were clearly gassed in the last 10 minutes
-The third line got more ice time than the second line for 60 minutes
-No excuse to give journeymen like Tanev and Matthias more ice time than Laine and Ehlers, who will be franchise players
-discipline continues to be a problem
-Jets aren't keeping opponents out of their zone,and allow far too many scoring chances.

If Hellebuyck did not have the amazing month that he has had, I am convinced we would be dead last in the Central Division. Last night produced some of the most questionable coaching decisions I have ever seen, especially when it came to line deployment. When you put out star players that are clearly gassed, not only are they far less effective, but it's dangerous, as they run the risk of injury. The Jets could have used Lemieux to jump start the offense, as he sat the entire period, and is anxious to prove himself. Hell, they could ahve used Hendricks, who only was on ice for 6 minutes.

With Maurice, we are either going to finish just out of the playoffs, or get swept in the first round again. True North is too loyal and foolish to get rid of the coaching staff.