View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ I have no background in soccer or baseball at all. I kind-of, sort-of got into the Jays and Expos in their early 90s heydays, but even then it was mostly watching the highlights than sitting through actual games... that's about it. I never played either sport apart from high school gym class.

With that being said, if you offered me tickets to see a soccer or baseball game of similar level, I'd take the soccer game hands down. I admit the nuances of baseball are lost on me, but just the same, I find the game just an absolute parade of tedium. That's why I was surprised when Canadians (including a lot of Winnipeggers) all of a sudden started getting really into baseball when the Jays went on their tear a couple of years ago... I was like "you people find this INTERESTING?" I didn't watch a minute of it.

You really should go to a couple of Goldeyes games at Shaw Park. Nice relaxed atmosphere in a beautiful Field. You can get really close to the action or sit in the dining area in right field. And the dining and beverage options are awesome and reasonably priced. Great way to spend an afternoon or evening in a beautiful part of historic Winnipeg! The baseball can almost become a secondary part of the experience.