View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 8:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
As much as this is a pipe dream because of funding, I would love this. It would connect fishtown, northern liberties, fairmount, and brewerytown so well
It seems like you're talking about an east-west subway. My plans would've been to create a subway from University City and 30th Street Station through JFK Blvd and north through 9th St and the Reading Railroad ROW to North Phila Station, where it will later deviate and follow the old Chestnut Hill Lines.

I'm still frustrated why SEPTA won't even expand either it's subway or commuter rail system when other cities such as Boston, NYC, Washington DC, and SF, and even smaller metros like Miami, Atlanta and St Louis are expanding or looking to expand and obtaining funding while Philadelphia and Pennsylvania is stagnant when it comes to mass transit.

It doesn't matter how much money a city has or generates, when you don't have a viable mass transit system like the former cities I mentioned, eventually, you'll have a very time growing, which is why San Antonio and Phoenix have recently surpassed us in population, because of their economies and their cheaper way of life in comparison to Philadelphia.