View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2003, 9:14 AM

High-rise condos along the lakebluff will go for several pretty pennies. Kilbourn Tower, University Club Tower, and 1522 on the Lake all have units going for $1+ million, as does Cathedral Square Condos (which is a few blocks inland from the lake).

I don't know what the long-standing lakefront condos are going for, but I see no reason why some of them wouldn't have units going for close to $1 million.

Is there a demand for so many ultra-high-price condos? Perhaps for what we currently have going up or proposed. Is there demand for even more of the same? Hard to say. Some developers think not in the near future. We don't want to over-saturate the market. Not to mention there are tons of other smaller developments springing up all over the place.

Most of the new condo projects are going for less than $500,000; but there are some going for more than that (excluding the million dollar ones).

Who is moving into all these condos? Young adults and empty nesters who can afford them; it really isn't one or the other group.

Where are they coming from? Don't really know; some from metro Milwaukee, some from outside the region--again, a little of both. I'd guess right now the number of local-area relocatees outnumber people coming from afar.