View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2012, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Unperson View Post
SB-Riverside is not part of Los Angeles Metro. San Jose is not part of the San Francisco metro. San Francisco doesn't have a basketball team in the city.

I am sorry maybe I am wrong but I thought you wrote that Seattle is the biggest city without an NBA team. City size is based on population. There are about a half dozen cities bigger than Seattle that don't have an NBA team. There is at least one metropolitan area much bigger than Seattle metro that doesn't have one.

Seattle had a team but the city did such a bad job of supporting it it moved to the greener pastures of Oklahoma. I would rather see SB-Riverside, San Diego, Austin or Colombus get one first as they are larger metros or larger cities that have never had a team and deserve a change to support one (although didn't the Clippers used to be in San Diego?, not sure but the San Diego Clippers has a ring to it).
Chase man, you've been here too long to be making these types of mistakes.

All you need to look at is Nielson's DMA list to get the perfect snapshot of an area's pro sports support capacity. Note that the Inland Empire is decidedly not a separate media market from Los Angeles. Neither is San Jose from San Fran.

http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/c...enetration.pdf