View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 8:35 AM

Wow, I've never heard nimby's in person, and, while they were amusing at first, I can't believe how annoying and persistent they were! but they could have been worse, I suppose.

anyway, not much new information, but a few notes none-the-less

- early next year, plans will be revealed for a plan to cover the tracks from Roosevelt to McCormick place with parkland. The developers do not own the land anymore, however, so its up to the Chicago to actually fund the parkland. But plans are a good step forward

- After all is said and done, the southern tip of Grant Park is going to be re-landscaped to better match the 4 towers they're building

- The heights they want are 790' and 900' for GP3 and GP4. From the earlier versions, the number or residences and the basic total square footage will not change. Only the number of stories will be different (+10 stories each)

- The above point was the whole point of the meeting. Hence, it really wasn't a good meeting, since there wasn't much to talk about. Fioretti kept asking the developers to clarify exactly what was different between this proposal and the last, and they were kind of vague about it. Since the point of the meeting was about the change, I was expecting at least a comparison powerpoint slide between the old and new version. anyway

- There will be a 30,000 sq ft recreation floor in GP3

- There is no design yet for GP4. the elevations we have seen are basically a placeholder for what the final height will be. Or so they told the congregation...

Thats about it. I hope BVictor does add more info or clarifies later. and adds pictures. The color rendering of GP3 was really nice.
I was hoping to stick around and ask Fioretti about Park Michigan, but I got bored and left before the meeting was over

GOODnight