View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2005, 7:59 PM

Maybe the real reason we don’t have a new arena is that the residents of the City of Sacramento really don’t care about it as much as the people in the suburbs do?

A little old from the SNR 9/04 but I doubt much has changed:
According to a recent poll, only 16 percent of 600 Sacramentans polled rank “building a new Sacramento Kings arena” as a high priority for local governments. Out of 15 issues to be ranked as either “high” or “low” priority, the arena came in dead last. By comparison, “providing police and fire services” was considered a high priority by the greatest majority: 92 percent of respondents; “improving public schools” was second with 89 percent. Next to the arena, the lowest priority was “planning for development in the North Natomas area,” which only 29 percent considered a high priority.

KTKZ POLL
What do you think about a new Sacramento Sports Arena?

21% -The Maloof's must pay 50% of the total costs for me to support.

8% -Sacto should do whatever it can to build a new arena downtown.

59% -I will never support a new sports arena at tax payers expense.

12% -I support a new arena built in Natomas, not downtown.

Now to less important matters:

First ltsmotorsport you know zero, nada, nothing about my life. Secondly, you have tried to make this personal. So far you have not argued the point but have instead engaged in childish retort. You should know by now that often times I’m half-way joking. But it seems that it is you and not I who is most offended. I do not want to mix skyscrapers and religion. This is weird. But then again I didn’t post bits of my religion’s “holy text” at the end of every post.

“i will remind you that it sounded as if you you were on the verge of tears, pointing out how offended you were and how rude you thought our messages were.” HUH? What I really said was: “Besides I’m not as offended as you might think really.” Besides how can you remind me of something that was in only in your head to begin with? [sniff]

A peace loving gem-“Get out and enjoy life, because you sound as if your one miserable and cranky individual” [sniff]

Other examples of christian charity- “Frankly I don't give a crap what you think or the level of your disappointment. The best thing you could have done was to keep you yap shut” [sniff]

"The Why of Fry”
Man- "Get your piping hot horse burgers horse fries, horse cakes and shakes. We got tongue, straight from the horse's mouth” -Horse Pepsi okay?