View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
I have to admit I don't really know much about this area beyond the rowing course; I've not visited the area much.

When I get home to Halifax tomorrow, i will likely go visit the area.

If there is a commercial area, I wonder if it could be considered a commercial corridor? This shows my lack of knowledge of the area...

Whether Gloria votes for this or not; the policy amendments will fall to regional council to vote on. So she's one vote out of twenty four. The only thing I worry about is that if the policy amendments are passed but they vote down any rezoning or DA; then it just adds to a complicated process.

As for Brightwood - I can see some of it being developed for infill housing (if the golf course ever closed). I don't think that would be bad, but I'd want to see a part of the course kept for parkland.
There is really very little commercial in that area, except for the donut shop/greengables and the superstore by the parclo. both sides of the lake are residential and paddling clubs. While I like the proposed development, it is residential, not sure where the commercial corridor part comes in.