Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 2:38 AM
Art Deco Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
I so f**king want one of these models to build, especially the one with the Twins, but I'm finding it awefully hard to find out about, much less buy.

Does ANYONE know how I can go about getting any of these sets? Any help that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Daquan:
I hate to break it to you but these are not standard Lego kits. These skyscrapers are custom designed and built by my friend Spencer from individual parts that he orderered from Bricklink.com. As far as I know, the Lego company has never sold a kit of a skyscraper even though it displays many large ones at its Legoland parks.

Unless Spencer decides to start a business selling these designs as sets, you will not find them for sale. The great thing about Lego is that anyone who has the time, patience, and money can at least attempt to build something similar.

Check out the link that SlugBelch provided earlier - a guy IS selling kits that allow you to build the Sears Tower, ESB, etc in a somewhat larger scale - although the exterior walls are actually a custom wall unit rather than an official Lego part.

I would think that Lego would have a hit on its hands if they did market and sell a line of famous landmarks in a micro-scale (so as to be affordable).
Lego just recently demonstrated that it is aware of a more architecturally inclined group of builders with the release of the Corner Cafe - a three story building that sells for $140 and has over 2,000 parts.

Last edited by DecoJim; Mar 28, 2007 at 2:46 AM.