View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 1:43 AM
Old Fart Forumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbana View Post
Those windows on Beaver have been boarded up since I started school 3 years ago - so I wouldn't be too optimistic that some sort of renovation will be underway any time soon.

As for the public lot on Garner, I noticed that sign a couple weeks ago and it piqued my interest, but I have not been able to find any information on that sale anywhere. The Downtown Masterplan (a good read) slated that site for new development so it would appear that the borough is dedicated to selling it at some point, but I cannot find any municipal documentation to the effect that they are moving forward other than that sign. It is a primo site though and I hope something get built. With the state of affairs in the real estate market in the immediate vicinity of the university (essentially 100% occupancy) it would seem like it would be almost impossible not to make money building student apartments - something that are desperately needed as the university keeps admitting more students and not really expanding dorm options. Students are only willing to live so far away and we are pushing that limit already.

The same thing is going on in Ithaca, but there's a lot of Nimby locals, and developers have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to get projects into the slow moving approval process.

I've glanced through the Master Plan. Looks good to me, especially the area west of Atherton.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare