View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2014, 2:10 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
I mostly apologize to visitors for what they have to go home to. Back to the land of crumbling roads, high unemployment and/or stagnant wages (both in relative terms), freezing winters, burning summers, flat vistas, crappy skiing, unchanging skylines, having to actually look for a job, not having direct flights all over the place, shitty public transit, overpriced real estate, heavy rains, multiple cloudy days in a row being normal, high crime, endless urban sprawl... it's a grab bag depending on where they're from.

I feel sorry for people who can't move here. And I get a lot of open-mouthed stares at everything that goes on here. So I find myself apologizing for how good we've got it in Calgary.

I suppose I could apologize for truck nuts, because according to the Internet they're illegal outside of Alberta.
I guess we are supposed to take this as a joke post?

I mean, where I live is not perfect but it's probably a million times better than 95% of places in the world, and yet an idea like ''don't you wish you lived here and not where you do?'' would never cross my mind with anyone.

Not every place is well-suited for every person. Preferences are rife with intangibles and so to suggest that a particular place would be ''better'' for most people is treading on thin ice.

But of course, you were joking!