Thread: Gage Park
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

i was grubbing out today in Gage Park. i noticed sand-blasting on the gazebo near Gage and Main. removing all the TWO tags, at least the City is showing interest in the structure. I like that structure... I think an entrance facing the stopped vehicles at Gage is good idea, but just think it could be better then the render. Something more grand and historical, ANNOUNCING Gage Park as a destination. I don't think many cities have urban parks this size. I hope some money goes into the fountain, at least it still operates...

also saw lots of City crews cleaning up the Park. It is well used, and cheap entertainment, we went into the Greenhouse FOR FREE. Burlington would charge admission to something like this, I'm glad we have it, It's part of the little things that make Hamilton great. Once again, I didn't see any 'undesirables', just picnics, families, children, cyclists, walkers, dogs. My favourite "you know you're in Hamilton when..... you see a ten-speed cyclist steering with one hand while holding a double-double in the other".