View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
That's really interesting, especially since people love to cry about how much they want rail service. Yet, you just demonstrated that it doesn't always work out for people, especially if the rail makes too many stops. For me, I live in Jefferson Park, and work in Boulder. I actually prefer to use transit in the form of the Flatiron Flyer. It's less stressful, and I can get stuff done on the bus. But, the bus has an express service that runs every 10 minutes during rush hours, which makes the commuting super fast. One has to think express routes for some of the rail corridors should be explored. In your case, if there was a route that went straight to Union Station, then another express route down to DTC, you probably would have more incentive to take transit.
I live in Stapleton and occasionally take the R line to work in Lone Tree. I look at 3 things: Cost/Time/Hassle. Currently, it takes me around 50 min. on average to drive each way to work, door to door. The R line takes me about an hour and 10 min. door to door. So time savings is out. Cost is out too, since I drive a hybrid ($2.25 round trip for gas vs. $5 (or whatever it is) on the train. So the only plus for me is avoiding the hassle of driving. If the R line weren't so slow between the A line and the Aurora Mall, it would probably be a time saver too.