View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2011, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
I'm looking at this proposal and it's interesting but I have concerns about the location and height. I know this sounds funny from someone who lives so close to (and really enjoys) the Bow tower here in Calgary (I've attached photos just to show you my view hehe).
I'm back in Calgary for a few weeks before I head off to Vancouver. There's still something about the Bow that bugs me. Something just seems overly... blunt and monolithic about it, I feel like chimps should be beating each other to death with bones at the foot of it or something. Very clearly a Foster project but it really lacks the grace of form I've encountered in their London works. At least it isn't as ugly/a financial quagmire like that pedestrian bridge they're trying to build out in the west end of downtown.

As for the Skye project, it seems more like an incitement to provoke more than any kind of actual proposal. The renderings are super-preliminary but they don't look like anything that would ever reasonably be built in Halifax, even if their heights were in line with HbD