View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2009, 7:23 AM

I like your post SouthSky. I know Mobile has to deal with a few state leaders who think B'Ham-Huntsville is the only game in town too. I've read a few quotes from those guys regarding South Alabama that make me wanna puke over their ignorance and arrogance. So it goes both ways now and then. For me, I have a pretty big love/hate relationship with 'Cola as a life-long resident. I've always wanted and hoped for the best, and I always stay pretty disappointed. The obvious reply to that would be "get realistic about your city". But the funny thing about that is, when you consider everything that the area really always had to offer naturally, my thoughts about what P'cola could/should be are anything but unrealistic. The reality it has become was a more unlikely series of events than my visions for it, IMO. It's hard to accept what might have been had this area been a part of Bama for the last 100 years, I should add.

I hope what I've written earlier in this thread didn't come off as negative in any way towards Mobile. If anything, I admire what they have done and continue to do and beg Pensa to buy most of the blueprint. My only reason for getting roused in the first place was the almost dismissal of the pop. figures as erroneous or whatever. Yes, there really is a place where 450,000 people work in Circle K convenience stores!