View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
I think you'll see Q400s in Calgary, but not Toronto. It's a bit too far. You'll probably end un with narrow bodies to Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver and Q400s to anything closer. You may see some flight consolidation on vacation routes, but most need to be a few times a week that are now in order to allow for flexible schedules.
I could be wrong but it wouldn't be a surprise to seem something like a Q400ER show up on the market to meet some of those stretch routes like YWG-YYZ. With the lower costs all the way around it could be a huge winner on short haul routes and bring in some much needed cash for the C-Series program. The question is would a Q400ER start eating into the potential C-Series sales?

In terms of flexibility of vacation routes, it isn't needed. If people are going to beach resorts now the flights occur once in the middle of the week and people make that work. I suspect that the other vacation routes might move more to that model out of YWG. If you need flexibility there would not be a direct but you can connect through YYC, YYZ or someplace else and get those flights. This will be even more so with WestJet and AC if New Leaf ever gets started and eats into those markets.