View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2012, 2:40 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150 View Post
Tim's is shit for snacks, but if have a choice, I will stop and get a coffee at the one by my house on the way to work no problem. I really wish they would start marketing re-usable cups because I seriously see dozens as I walk to the train....but, whatever.
They do, but people don't use them. They don't like carrying cups around. They want something they can crumple up and throw on the ground when they're done with it.

The only bakeries I can think of in Thunder Bay are locally owned. I guess you can count the ones in grocery stores, but they just produce product for their own stores, and it isn't too bad. The regular loaves of bread that Superstore sells are really good when they're fresh. The "corporate" bread (Old Mill or Grey Mill or whatever) is shit, though. Typically I only buy bread if it is in a clear bag with a sticker that was printed on the scale in the bakery that cooked it, which is located no more than 10 yards away.

If the word Bakery is referring to the coffee shops too then we have lots of them but still, in my neighbourhood, there are two bakeries and they're both local business. Except for a single Burns Meats warehouse, all of the meat processing plants that I can think of here are local businesses, too.