View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 10:44 PM

Oh, Dundas. Don't ever change.

July 5, 2013:

Business representative Phyllis Kraemer said the issues with design reminded her of the early concern of a modern Starbucks in the middle of historic downtown Dundas — which she believes turned out to look good and was an improved use of the property.

"I don't mind modern structures in the middle of older. It's light, it's not heavy," Kraemer said. "I kind of think it's going to happen. And I kind of like how it looks."

Mar 10, 2017:

The Ontario Municipal Board appeal of a proposed nine-storey residential building at 71 Main St. in Dundas is a community-wide issue - and should be financially supported by more than just a few Dundasians, say a couple of active local residents.

Art Samson and Phyllis Kraemer are organizing a community "walk" on Saturday, March 25 for volunteers to canvass door-to-door to assist in raising funds - estimated between $60,000 and $80,000 - for the appeal, which includes paying a lawyer and planner. Two of the participants in the upcoming appeal of the zoning and official plan amendments approved by Hamilton city council - Greg Lawson and Scott Munro - are represented by lawyer Michael Connell and can call expert witnesses.

Samson and Kraemer, both well-known local residents, say the entire community should share in the financial support of this appeal. They believe changing the zoning and official plan rules to permit a building they don't think fits into the area would set a dangerous precedent across the community.