View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2010, 2:05 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
My point was either it is old news or there is renewed talk of a Tower 2 podium. Given the articles you posted it appears that is the case. How unfortunate.

If they're going to build a podium for T2 and completely redesign T3, just build another Tower 1. This is silly. I guarantee you a cheaper Tower 3 is going to look like garbage.

Let me rephrase that: Should Tower 3 be redesigned/reduced in height and Tower 2 turned into an ugly stump, then the original site plan will be scrapped as well. What a disaster.
Oh, there was either going to be the fully built tower, or a podium until the tower can be built, no other way about it. It was only a matter of which tower got built first - 2 or 3. Now that Silverstein intends to build T3 first, T2 gets the podium.

A height reduction is not part of the resolution, the Port thinks Silverstein can save more money with a redesign, which doesn't necessarily have to be something significant. But T3's design is something I don't want "watered down". It's the most "radical" of the 4 WTC towers. We already have the understated Tower 4, and T2 is simply another tower without its diamond summit.

The site plan will stand, its the rebuiding schedule that's in question. The PA was never against rebuilding the towers, just when and how. If you're the guy that's paying the rent (Silverstein), the answer is now and by any means possible..

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.