View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 4:51 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1052 View Post
A prerequisite of any proposal would be for it to reach Penn or GCT at a minimum and that's going to cost a pretty penny from SWF. ISP might be doable since the LIRR is already right there and has long sought the political and financial ability to make huge upgrades to the main line that this would help justify. I don't particularly care for either option though. It seems the CTB replacement at LGA is going to proceed so the whole discussion is moot anyway.
not necessarily with a one-seat ride. all the airports require a transfer and lga will too, so thats not the big issue. the airport itself is the big issue, its too small and will cost a ton to rebuild the terminals anyway. why not put the fork in now and point toward the future with upgrading stewart or even islip? i do agree its moot though and if anything is going to happen it will be this current airtrain plan, then perhaps a full extension connecting the jfk/lga airtrains and then a rebuild of lga. thats how it will most likely go. a shame as its just not real forward thinking to pour so much effort into lga anymore (and i'm no lga hater, that is my fav of the local airports, so it pains me to say that).