View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2018, 12:51 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
That is the tackiest and dumbest thing i think I've ever seen outside of Las Vegas
Actually, the plans we saw at the meeting last night (save perhaps for the ride on the roof of the building) were pretty subdued and classy overall, to be honest with you. The SE entry looks quite nice, being fairly simple in its architecture but still striking, playing nicely off of the tower itself. The interior of the observation level is done really well, too. Some people I'm sure will have issues with the removal of 2 out of every three of the stone columns on the top of the tower to allow for much better viewing, but by keeping 1 out of every three columns in place it still allows for the overall aesthetics to remain, so that's a plus for me. The glass elevator is placed on the NW corner to minimize the impact to the skyline from the "important" angles, being from Millennium Park as well as the lakefront, so that's another big plus. Overall, I think the proposal makes a lot of sense. Not to mention, the location of AON makes an observation deck there absolutely a must-visit because of the amazing and vastly different views seen from all sides of the tower. This will have the greatest views in the city, bar-none, followed by Hancock, then Sears.

Aaron (Glowrock)