View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2023, 2:08 AM

A few updates. The residential project I posted about above has got the NIMBY's on Lakeview out in force. Our condo board sent out an email that their group has going around opposing this "excessive intensification". They are enlisting the support of those of us on the west side of 59. Apparently this is up for approval at the city in February.

Sierra Group is starting work on the Toyota Boshoku plant expansion on Universal Drive. I haven't seen info yet on how big this expansion is.

They also recently poured the floor slab for the new Home 2 Suites Hotel behind the Holiday Inn at Norwich and Juliana. The hotel is planned to open in Jan 2025 and already has a listing on the Hilton website https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/xip...-woodstock-on/

A very large project is underway on Dundas across from Home Hardware on the site of the old CBM. Steel started going up this week but I haven't been able to find any info on what is being built here. One post on Facebook suggests it's just a new building for Pre-Con, which still has a smaller building on site.

Further east on Dundas, there is something going up next to the Esso/Tim Hortons at Cty Rd 4. Weird project as they started clearing the land 2 years ago and fenced it off, then started work again this year but it's going slow. They are building concrete block walls but they seem to be jumping around on the site with which wall they are going to work on that day. Very strange. Across the road, beside Woodstock Ford, they are clearing and leveling the land, not sure if this is for more parking for Ford or if something is being built there as well.

In the industrial park north of Dundas along Woodall Way, lots of building going on. Very large warehouses and industrial plazas. No signs for any tenants yet but I imagine in this climate, they aren't building that much space to sit on.

And last but not least, Gold Bricks, which I know of from my time in west London where they are building a plaza at the RiverBend entrance, is starting work on a new plaza at Juliana and Montclair, adjacent to Walmart. They have a page on their website but no imaging or info, although I've heard Taco Bell is possibly one tenant.