View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Re-signing Sarich? WTF... I thought with Wideman here he'd be on his way out.

Sigh. One step forward, two steps back...
To be honest I don't really mind the deal, he's strong and gritty and doesn't make overly senseless plays either, not to mention we got him back for a discount... I'll DEFINITELY take him over bouwmeester anyday regardless if he gets points or not. He's a good defensive D-man, and hoping Wideman takes over for the lack of points from the blueliners, I hope this spells some sort of change with the bouwmeester issue...

We're certainly not in the runnings for Suter, but maybe a nice simple trade for a pick or prospects will help ease the cap space a little. My main beef is with bouwmeester and his lackluster performance. Sure he puts up minutes, but for what? He's not overpowering, more than often gives up the puck, and can't for the life of him win a puck battle on the boards. If there's anything to be said, bo is in no way deserving of his contract SINCE he became a Flame. I'll wait until the season starts to judge on widemans deal, but I have a good feeling about him. Something about his consistency seems very appealing. He and Gio could do some well rounded damage.