View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 3:50 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Well, the deal is done!!!

https://www.tennessean.com/story/mon...ent/457767002/

I'm cautiously intrigued to see what the new owners of the property intend to do with it. On the surface they seem to have all that's necessary to develop the property. The big question for me is are they willing to build based on speculation if they intend to do an office tower? Although I suspect they will do a mixed-use project.

In terms of height for a building built on that site the Nashville Post reported the following in a related article:

Brown declined to note either a targeted groundbreaking date or the height of what will be a Class A office building. However, he acknowledged that, for example, a 10- to 12-story office structure would not be suitably tall for such a prominent parcel.

When asked if the future tower will rise at least 18 to 20 stories, Brown said it will be “commensurate” in scale, scope and attractiveness with the site.

“This clearly is one of those” urban Nashville properties deserving of a major high-rise," he said.

I'm hoping that they will build Nashville's first 30+ story high rise outside of the CBD. As far as the project being commensurate in scale with the site... well, I hope he means that in terms of the size of the property being significant enough to sustain a large tower. Because the scale of most structures surrounding that property are one and two story buildings.

I'm also happy that we can once and for all put the decade old West End Summit project to rest.

Palmer's original proposal was for a 27 story, 406 ft. tall office building with an approximately 375 ' tall residential/hotel. Maybe they can stay in that range since it was approved before. It would make an incredible gateway (hmm, Midtown Gates sounds nice, feel free to use it developers).

The current tallest in Midtown is the Sky House at 25/289' with Palmer plaza second at 16/269'. The new Vanderbilt 20 story tower on the west side of the campus could approach 300' because it is an academic building with presumably larger floor to floor heights. So a 30+story office building would stand out in Mid Town.

MID TOWN

One million square feet is a nice sized development, equivalent to a couple of 40 story buildings although I would expect a hotel, residential and retail to be included in that total. Crossing fingers.

Something tall here, coupled with a rumored 60 story residential building downtown would really top off Nashville's 31 block long skyline.