View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyEdge View Post
The reason I asked if downtown winnipeg could use some more class A office space, is here in Calgary Neil Richardson and his company have restored several properties (Lorraine apts, Lougheed building) into office space, his general modus operandi is to gut most of the building and bring up to the highest spec, while restoring the outside and maybe the lobby and first couple floors back to original. He's recently been buying properties in smaller town outside calgary as he's sorta run out of projects in town, I wonder if Winnipeg could use his touch.
I've honestly had a tough time making the distinction between Class A, B and C space. Isn't most converted heritage space usually Class C?

I think if you take all the abandoned/vacant buildings out of the equation there is a very low vacancy rate in the Exchange. These Class C buildings are great inexpensive business incubators.

I know there are a lot of developers interested in Winnipeg lately, from out of town. As there are fewer opportunities in other cities, ours finally are becoming more attractive.