View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 4:33 PM
maƱana is my busiest day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassic Lab View Post
Your reasoning is off. The bussiness model they have could very well make money, and they could probaboly raise the capital they need.
Then let them do it!

Quote:
The problem is their bussiness model involves running a profit only on what they wish to do. They fully admit that the government would be spending a large amount on the initial capital without making a return. So their figures could very well be very reliable, the fact that they have not endeavored to biuld it does not make the report unreliable. You're just missing what the report actually says, that they expect to make money by dividing the project into profitable and unprofitable portions and taking the former. I'm not saying the report is neccasarily accurate but your assertions that the demand they project is inacurate is quite baseless.
The report is unreliable because it is based on a set of assumptions. It's like they say, "assumption is the mother of all fuckups".

Just because segments of a project may likely turn a profit doesn't mean that the project as a whole (and that's all that really matters) could be considered a worthwhile endeaver - you have to look at the project as a whole.

Your comments about the report reminds me of the citrus orchard that I started in the common area of a development here in Mexico. I joke with the other owners that they are my partners in the orchard so that they are responsible for the rootstock of each citrus tree, and I am responsible for the upper part of the trees (aka the scion). They are responsible for watering, weeding, and fertilizing the roots, and I'm responsible for picking and eating all the fruit.

Last edited by Waterlooson; Jan 29, 2007 at 5:01 PM.