View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 10:48 AM

Southern Metro Updates Contd...

Evan Cobb, Daily Herald

Census estimates: Utah County continues to grow, mostly from natural birth rates

Daily Herald - Colin Douglas Correspondent, 3 hrs ago https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...4fcba0d8e.html

Utah County continues to grow, and it looks like it won’t stop in the foreseeable future. Earlier projections are confirmed and more details have been revealed by estimates recently released by the U.S. Census Bureau.

“These new data confirm what we already see on the ground in Utah,” said Pamela Perlich, director of demographic research for the Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute at the University of Utah.

“We have projected that in 50 years, Utah County will add another million people, to reach a population of 1.6 million, just less than the 1.7 million projected for Salt Lake County,” she said.

The county’s population on July 1, 2018, will be about 606,425, according to estimates released by the Census Bureau in December. This is an increase of 89,784 or 17.4 percent, since April 1, 2010. The figure makes the county already second in the state in population to Salt Lake County, which will number 1,135,649 after a growth of 10.3 percent during the same period...

Fans react as Grey Glass performs during the Rooftop Concert Series on Friday, July 7, 2017 in downtown Provo. ISAAC HALE, Daily Herald

Top 10 fastest-growing U.S. metro areas by percentage, 2016-2017

#1. St. George, Utah, 4 percent to 165,662.

2. Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and North Carolina, 3.7 percent to 447,793.

3. Greeley, Colorado, 3.5 percent to 294,243.

4. Bend-Redmond, Oregon, 3.4 percent to 180,675.

5. Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, 2.9 percent to 153,144.

6. Lakeland-Winter Haven, Florida, 2.9 percent to 667,018.

7. Boise City, Idaho, 2.8 percent to 690,810.

#8. Provo-Orem, Utah (Southern Salt Lake City CSA) 2.7 percent to 601,478.

9. Austin-Round Rock, Texas, 2.7 percent to 2,060,558.

10. The Villages, Florida, 2.5 percent to 125,165.

It continues to amaze me how the buildup around Thanksgiving Point just seems to continue. One thing to note, even if not right here and now. Looking at aerials, it will definitely be easy to accommodate a future increase in density. i.e. parking structures vs. blacktop, and additional offices/commercial. UDOT is going to have to work an accelerated pace in order to meet the infrastructure demands of this area. From some of the descriptions it would seem the planned highway and transit buildup is needed immediately.

New lanes for I-15 'Technology Corridor' tops UDOT project list for 2018

By Lisa Riley Roche - Deseret News, https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-for-2018.html

The Utah Department of Transportation will widen I-15 to six lanes in both directions between state Route 92 and Main Street in Lehi.
The $450 million project will start this spring and will wrap up in late 2020.

https://media.deseretdigital.com/

SALT LAKE CITY — The stretch of I-15 now being called the state's "Technology Corridor" ranks No. 1 on the Utah Department of Transportation's Top 10 list of construction projects for 2018...

...The I-15 project is key to developing Utah's Silicon Slopes technology corridor that includes 700 acres at Point of the Mountain that will be freed up after the Utah State Prison moves to a site near the Salt Lake City International Airport in 2020.

The other nine projects on the list released Monday are, in order of their rankings:

• Adding a new southbound lane on I-15 from 2100 South to 12300 South, redesigning some of the southbound ramps at the 1-15 and I-215 interchange and widening 7200 South to three lanes from I-15 to Bingham Junction Boulevard in Midvale. Work on the $180 million project is also scheduled to begin this spring and expected to be completed in late 2019.

• Reconstructing I-215 in Davis County from the I-15 interchange in North Salt Lake to 2100 North and building a new diverging diamond interchange at Redwood Road and I-215. The $40 million project has been underway since February and will continue through the end of the year.

• Replacing three bridges on I-80 in Tooele County near the state Route 36 interchange: eastbound and westbound I-80 over the railroad tracks and the S.R. 36 ramp bridge. The $30 million in bridge work will begin in late spring and should be done in the summer of 2019.

• Widening Bluff Street in St. George from 100 South to Sunset Boulevard by adding a lane in each direction and turn lanes at several intersections. The yearlong, $51 million project started in January.

• Adding a new westbound lane for trucks on I-80 from Jeremy Ranch to Parleys Summit, and a new wildlife crossing at the summit, repaving I-80 from Lambs Canyon to Kimball Junction. Work on the $30 million project started Monday and is expected to be finished by the end of the year.

• Extending Mountain View Corridor in Utah County from the Redwood Road and 2100 North intersection to state Route 73. The $41 million project is set to start this spring and should be done next year.

• Converting four intersections on Bangerter Highway into freeway-style interchanges, at 5400 South, 7000 South, 9000 South and 11400 South. The $201 million project is underway and due to be completed by the end of the year.

• Reconstructing state Route 9, the gateway to Zion National Park, through Springdale. The old pavement is already being removed and replaced with new asphalt, and pedestrian and bike improvements are being made. The $19 million project should be done before the peak visitor season begins later this month.

• Finishing the widening and reconstruction of state Route 108 in Syracuse from Antelope Drive to 300 North in Davis County. The $52 million project started a year ago and should be completed this fall.

There are a total of 188 UDOT construction projects scheduled across the state this year, adding up to $1.46 billion. They range from sidewalk and street installations to the major projects on the list.

I like the look of the recently completed Mountain Point Center and American Fork Center expansion. Someone needs to give us some update pictures on the huge new Provo Center.

Lehi - Mountain Point Center

https://img.evbuc.com/

https://media.glassdoor.com/

American Fork Center

http://taylor-electric.com/

It is definitely a sellers market here in Utah County- inventory is SO low!
Utah County Housing Stats

Stats provided by Berkshire Hathaway

New Provo Medical Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanskeUtahn View Post
The valley is slowly looking towards the sky for space.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A few more recent Provo devleopments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanskeUtahn View Post
Hyatt
[IMG][/IMG]

200 CityView
[IMG][/IMG]

Courthouse
[IMG][/IMG]

Recently Completed Projects

MTC
[IMG][/IMG]

63 East Condos

[IMG][/IMG]
Pics By DanskeUtahn

Recently Completed - Provo City Energy Building

Last edited by delts145; Oct 17, 2018 at 11:01 AM.