View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 5:39 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
I think you'd get a blank stare if you asked anybody what they thought about Smithers. Again, I don't know what people outside the Lower Mainland think, but I'd guess many people here wouldn't have even heard of it. I'm into this stuff and even I don't know the first thing about it. Prince George is big enough where at least a fair bit of people would have a faint idea about it, and a quite a few people know people that live there too.

If I haven't made it clear, Vancouver's just as ignorant of what happens outside its little sphere as much as we all accuse Toronto of being. I've heard the rest of BC thinks the same of Vancouver as we all do of Toronto, and I can't really blame them. When you have Surrey right there to bash, no one really has any reason to look much farther.
Smithers doesn't strike me as the type of town that anyone really thinks about all that much. I've never heard anyone talk negatively about it, and it's actually quite a nice small town

True, many Vancouverites do seem like they're in their own little world when it comes to the rest of the province.