Thread: Windsor talk
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2011, 7:36 PM

That quote about no highrise construction downtown in 35 years was in ferrerence to rental appartments, not condo or office towers. 75 Riverside w went up about 20 years ago or so, as well as waterplace condos on Riverside Dr across from the pumping station. Also our very underwhelming Chrysler "tower".

The University coming downtown and college expanding are great news, bringing new, young people to study and hopefully live and play as well. I work on Pelissier St and live in a condo on Ouellette, so the market being anywhere in the central core would be great.

The aquatic centre will be a great addition downtown, and will add some much needed density to the core.
I also think that with more people moving here to retire, and work in our improving economy, highrise condo developement will finally be feasable, as many retired people and younge workers will want to be downtown where everything is consentrated.

As for the Star forums, I can't even read the bullshit that goes on there, with all these paid trolls taking over with their anti everything posts. I wish the star had a better way of allowing conversations to happen without them being hijacked by idiots.