View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_haak View Post
Anyway, great, become politically involved, but if you want to be considered seriously, you'll need to offer a bit more to support your proposal then a contrived list of advantages (what are the disadvantages?). Sorry if this is harsh, but that's the way I see it.
That's not harsh at all, the way it started was to propose an alternative to what it doesn't work well in the first place. THere are thoughts on every little details and why, but for the last 4 weekends, I have worked up to 3 AM on the plans, and designs and everything. You want something produced that took a decade with the old plan. I still haven't seen any of you any helping hand, besides some of my friends that don't even live in Ottawa. This is the same discussions as with LRT Friend, it's not about absolute value, but what can you get more and do it more effectively.

I mean, one of the arguments I had with you guys, were that the lines were not straight enough, while I said the lines were based on the origin destination numbers. And you say that I don't back things up? Just look on how many posts I wrote. This is not building the best transit system, but the least worse, at a reasonable costs.

Just look at the discussion on which corridor you want to use, the transitway or the riverside south path. Even with numbers, some people are stuck in thinking that way, emotionaly. That's when I agree to disagree.

And yes, even if you don't like it, swagger can be a thing to get some international events.

Your next task will be to come up with the numbers of people from Gatineau heading to Ottawa DT, and from Ottawa to Gatineau DT, and how the metrO loop will help to achieve that, while all museums on that line too. I also need a better cost analysis for using the existing tracks, and the cost for a distinct ROW to get to the Mac-C bridge.

Gatineau will never build the spur by themselves, it's against their principles, the funding will need to be from the Feds or it will not get up. It needs to be cost effective for Ottawa too.

You guys don't know me well yet, everything I say is backed up, I'm not called a emotionless machine for no reasons, it's something else entirely to write a 100 pages documents with all the references. I would love to meet up with you guys and having some help. I mean, I'm even paying for hosting and everything related, and trying to take charge with something. When did you guys propose your help? You're saying it yourself, to have more credibility, we need all the information in a written form, I already work 70 hours a week on different projects, it's time for others to take action too.