View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chundercracker View Post
I dunno, the Mueller area's pushing pretty hard for the "Truman Show" award too...
Ha! Ha! You are right about that. Mueller leaves me feeling pretty cold, but the Domain just creeps me out. I hate going there for any reason. I am probably the most elderly customer you can find at H and M. They have great draw string pants that fit my sagging old body. Otherwise, I'd never go near the Domain.

This Catylist site has great bones with frontage on a revitalizing Riverside Drive and S. Pleasant Valley. There is almost direct access to the nearby lake, park, and trails. It is already bisected by at least three existing streets. I suspect the master plan will attempt to relate to all of these elements in a truly urban manner. Also, if it happens, Catylist will probably be built out by a variety of different developers over a decade or two. Current trends in urban design pretty much dictate walkability and connectivity. Transit options along Riverside are almost certain to improve dramatically over time. I don't think Catylist is likely to turn its back on Riverside Drive or S. Pleasant Valley. The latter is a direct connect into old East Austin. There will be quick access to bike trails as well, which might be a sexy sell to younger commuters. The new not-so-free "Airport Freeway" will make this area much more accessible to north central Austin. I think this concept is a real winner and a game changer for the larger neighborhood extending up to Oltorf. I really want this one to happen.

I'm re posting the link to the Austin Towers recent article on this proposal in case you missed it above.

https://austin.towers.net/project-ca...ast-riverside/

Last edited by austlar1; Mar 15, 2018 at 5:01 AM.