View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat23 View Post
It is a nice design. And to think, it has been only ten years since the original proposal was quashed by The La Mirada Neighborhood Association. I honestly think that Silverstein only planned to "green-mail" the project and couldn't care less about what development was to be made. As it it now only a parking lot has been preserved, how lovely. It makes you wonder who or what was originally behind this travesty. Was it Silverstein alone? Or was he working with his gaggle of "friends" who are also out to enrich themselves. Or perhaps it was a wealthy homeowner or renter or others in the hills who resented the fact that "HIS/THEIR VIEW" would be despoiled by the project or he or she would then have to deal with a little more traffic. I can just imagine that it would really "piss me off" if it took a few more minutes to speed down the hill in my 1963 Karmann Ghia for my beer and booze run to the local liquor store on Franklin. And what about my Jumbo Jacks with cheese? And my seasoned curly fries? They will get cold by now. Have you ever eaten a cold greasy cheese burger and cold fries--yucky! (you can kind of tell that I knew a few people who lived in the hills at one time). What an incredible tribute to CEQA, our judicial system, our planners, directors and so on. And of course lets not forget that the city failed in some way to provide support for the project As far as Silverstein and his hacks are concerned they have gone on to profit handsomely from other projects (e.g. frivolous lawsuits). The Hanover Development Company (which refused to cave in to the "bullshit") is rightfully probably leery of doing any development in the city (or the state for that matter), and of course other developers are also. This all plays out to hurting the flow of development, the creation of affordable housing, and the image of a major world city that desperately needed to grow, renew, and expand its housing stock to accommodate a growing population. It's not good and something desperately needs to be done.

Last edited by Wilcal; Sep 30, 2018 at 9:50 PM.